Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Since about 10 pm last night I have been having flashes of…

Customer Question
Since about 10 pm...

Since about 10 pm last night I have been having flashes of light on the right side of my right eye. It is now after 2 pm the next day and they have not stopped. I do have a migraines all the time but these are very different from the auras I usually get.

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

In October it will be 2 years. My prescription still seems fine at distance. I am 58 years old. I seem to have o take off glasses to read.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have cluster headache. Hemiplegic Migraine.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Eye
7/30/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well it could possibly be related to your migraine but the risk of posterior vitreous detachment and retinal tear has to be ruled out. Yo need an urgent visit to ER for a look into your eyes for any possible changes as i mentioned.

-

hope it answered your query.

Feel free to ask any further queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing