Dr. Scott, Doctor
Experience:  Physician
96592888

My uncle lives in Trinidad and Tobago...he got sick and has

Customer Question

Hi there, my uncle lives in Trinidad and Tobago...he got sick and has been admitted to hospital...he had a high fever, bad headache, and had blood when he coughed...so far, they have him on drips and drinking lots of water...they just took a blood test and and won't have results until tomorrow...I am extremely worried since the medical situation sucks in Trinidad, he's been for two days, and he is now getting blood work done
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: He said the headache is gone...but his eyes are yellow and his platelets are 32
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Well, this is for my uncle....he said he was doing yard work and rain started falling but continued to do it...at first doctors thought it was dengay fever...maybe a mosquito bit him or he somehow stepped into rat pee
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Scott replied 2 months ago.

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

His yellow eyes and low platelets are a sign of liver disease.

Unfortunately, the list of causes is very, very long - especially in Trinidad and Tobago.

Do you have more information you can provide?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you are saying that it could be something else other than liver disease?...what causes liver disease?...he barely drinks...he does smoke weed
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You are an eye doctor, I need a medical doctor that works on everything
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
now you want me to pay another 67 dollars to talk to you on the phone...when I'm typing everything and you can't give me a solid answer...I'm really frustrated because this is someone's life and all that matters is money

I am not an eye doctor - i am a medical doctor.

I meant to say there is a long list of potential causes of liver disease.