Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I need my eye glass prescription that I had done at a school…

Customer Question
I need my eye...

I need my eye glass prescription that I had done at a school out of my current state, but they refuse to give me the numbers over the phone

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
7/26/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

Most doctor's offices will not provide clinical information over the phone, because this is considered confidential information, and over the phone, they usually do not have any method for assuring the identity of the caller. Some offices have established systems to be able to identify patients on a phone call, but most have not.

If you need the information quickly, then you need to ask the office the quickest way for you to obtain the information. They may be able to release the information after receiving a fax approval for release of information (they can compare the signature on the fax to your signature when registering). They may be able to fax the prescription to the local optician from whom you are wanting to order glasses. This is actually done very often, but primarily to local opticians, and the office likely already knows the fax numbers for the local opticians. Since it is out of state, they may need to go through a process to verify the fax number of the optician that you wish to use.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor