Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am 41 year old and dont wear eye glasses. I do lot of

reading or sitting in front...
I am 41 year old and dont wear eye glasses. I do lot of reading or sitting in front of computer whole day because of my job. Recently I have difficulty in reading close up and slight headache. I went for eye exam. Doctor said at this age people have little difficulty in reading close up but my eyes are normal. Doctor suggested try +1 power glasses for reading. I tried +1 power glass for one day. I can see closeup clearly but causes pain in my eyes and watery eyes. I have difficult reading distance object when I wear glasses. Please advise what to do.Also my eye is sensitive to light or night driving but its not big issue.
Answered in 2 days by:
7/18/2017
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

The glasses of 1 correction are only for reading or any near work. When you are looking at someone in distance then you would need to remove them. If the pain has started after using the glasses, then you need to get an eye done again to see if a lower power is needed. But since you have long hours of screen time on your computer, I would advise you to use lubricating eye drops that are available over the counter like refresh liquigel/optive/systane etc. Put them 2-3 times a day in your eyes.

Hope this helps your problem, do get back with more queries

Regards

MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr
MD Doc
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr