Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I've had very bad migraines for about 5 years now, maybe

Customer Question
once a month. And every...
I've had very bad migraines for about 5 years now, maybe once a month. And every time they happen it's like lights in the perifial(so?) of my vision. They don't flash or anything it's just there and kind of floating in left and right corners of my vision. Is it just to do with migraines? Or is something wrong with my eyes as well?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Around 7 months ago I believe. I wear glasses and contacts.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Sometimes the migraines would make me pass out, and sometimes vomit. It might just be the migraines making my eyes do that but I'm not sure. When I have the migraines my eyes are very sensitive to light as well.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Eye
7/15/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 5 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
How old are you?
I am 18

This is just related to the migraine

it is called an "aura"

This is normal

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply :)

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor