Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

What is presbyopia please, I am under a doctor for several…

Customer Question
What is presbyopia please ...

What is presbyopia please

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I am under a doctor for several things but just noticed this on the form when I purchased a new pair of glasses & am curious asa to what it is thanks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Thanks I am to see her this afternoon

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
7/12/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 10 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

In presbyopia, person is unable to see / read clearly at a normal near working distance, but the distance vision is usually clear. This is usually considered as part of aging and this may appear in late forties of early fifties. Presbyopia does not occur suddenly. It is the consequence of the slow and progressive decline in the eye vision range with age.

This occurs as the lens in the eye is not able to efficiently change the curvature as in the early life.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.