Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I got hit in they eye and i have some faint black floaters.

Customer Question
I got hit in...

I got hit in they eye and i have some faint black floaters. they started out looking like string now they are softer looking. Is that normal. Like is it just because of blood in my eye?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

I don't know. physical health okay. just low energy

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
7/9/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

How did you get injured in the eye? What exactly hit the eye?

Close the other eye and see if you notice any blurring or fogging of vision in any part of the vision in the injured eye.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i got hit in they eye by someone.
If i look to the side you can see the eye looks like its kind of bloodshot in one area.So its just the one eye. I know it was caused by getting hit in the eye because i've never noticed it before.
No blurring. Just these wierd floaters except they stay mostly in the corner of my eye unless i move my eyeball
It seems to be getting better. but im not sure.

A blunt injury to the eye is likely to have caused the blood shot appearance of the eye, due to sub-conjunctival hemorrhage(SCH).

Floaters are possible due to a small vitreous hemorrhage(bleed into the back of the eye) . This resolves naturally on its own without any other untoward effect to the eye. However a small associated tear in the retina would probably go unnoticed if not looked for thoroughly . A dilated eye exam by an ophthalmologist is the best thing to do for a confirmation.

Watch out for blurring of vision in one part or entire eye ( like looking through a veil or curtain)and if noticed in the next 24-48 hours, get the eye examined ASAP by an ophthalmologist ( these are symptoms of a retinal detachment).

The sub-conjunctival hemorrhage(SCH) or vitreous hemorrhage do not require any treatment as both tend to disappear naturally.