Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday I had sever irritation in my left eyes and today I…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, yesterday I...

Hi Pearl, yesterday I had sever irritation in my left eyes and today I don't have the irritation but a small white dot appeared inside the black eye ball. I don't wear lens may I know which eye drop can help me?

Doctor's Assistant: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?

Last moth

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Started wearing spectacles from Jan 2017 for short sight other than that I don't have any issue

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Eye
7/7/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually a white spot appearing over the pupil (the black part of the eye) is not a normal condition and many conditions can cause the pupil to appear as white. But since you have had this problem develop rather suddenly and after irritation of the eye, then it is ;likely that you may have developed an infection in the eye. The likely possibility is that of uveitis which is an infection of the middle part of the eye. This can cause the following symptoms apart from the white spot,

• eye pain – usually a dull ache in or around your eye, which may be worse on focusing
  • eye redness
  • sensitivity to light (photophobia)
  • blurred or cloudy vision
  • small shapes moving across your field of vision
  • loss of peripheral vision (the ability to see objects at the side of your field of vision)

These symptoms may develop over time. the mainstay of treatment is with the help of steroid eye drops and also antibiotics if the underlying cause are bacteria. However both of these are prescription only eye drops so you will have to visit your doctor for a final diagnosis.

Also if you have a picture of the white spot in the eye that will give me a better idea as to what we are dealing with.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor