Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I woke up with pink eye. I had tobramycin drops from the

Customer Question
Hi. I woke up with...
Hi. I woke up with pink eye. I had tobramycin drops from the last time I had pink eye and just put some in. How long will it take for it to look a little better? Thank you
JA: I'm trying to find the right Opthamologist for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Last time was in February. My vision has been good.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: nope! thank you
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Eye
6/17/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 5 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Thank you

If it is bacterial conjunctivitis (bacterial pink eye); this may respond in 4 hours. If it is viral conjunctivitis, this may take a day or two to show the resolution. Viral pink eye resolves on its own. Antibiotics are not very effective in it.

In a bacterial conjunctivitis; pain and redness are more and discharge from eye is copious and thick.

You may put tear drops too which are over the counter and soothing.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you so much. It isn't very painful, but I woke up with it very red and with a lot of discharge. Does this sound more like bacterial? Also, do you think I should insert eye drops in every hour, or every 4 hours? Thank you!

You are very welcome.

This is likely to be bacterial.

First day, put the drops every 2-3 hours. From tomorrow, you may put the drops every 4 hours.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you so much!!!

You are most welcome.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/