Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Will this blurry vision following a detached viterous humor…

Will this blurry vision...

Will this blurry vision following a detached viterous humor subside with time? Also may I continue running after this?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Have you been having any headaches?

Happened 72 hours ago. No headaches. Checked by an opthamologist. No retinal tear. Lifetime runner.

5/30/2017
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

Yes, you may continue to run even after vitreous detachment. The good part is that you have been exmined by an ophthalmologist and there are no retinal tears. Posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) does not worsen with any physical activity. So happy running!

As for the blurred vision, it is likely to subside over a period of time. It occurs due to obscuration of vision from a large floater. However floaters tend to drift out of place slowly and the vision begins to improve.

I look forward to answering any further questions, if any.

Do rate this response positively if you find the answer useful and satisfactory.

Thank you

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, Your answer was excellent. I rated you excellent (or have been trying to, if I'm using this tool correctly). Can you tell me something about the following terminology related to the eye: pucker, choroid, benign and malignant tumors of the choriod? These terms came up in my discussion with the ophthalmologist. Thanks. John