Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Lenses recommendation I need glasses to read and number

Customer Question
Lenses recommendation I need glasses...
Lenses recommendation
I need glasses to read and number 2.00is retired in one eye. The other one s almost blind, because I had the lazy eye and only fixed nerve but vision is about from 100% I can see 20%
What will be the recommendation prescription because I'm ordering lenses
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 day by:
5/27/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

The near vision correction would be the same in both eyes. It is always added over and above the distance correction. If the distance correction is zero, that means the distance vision in the good eye is 20/20 , then the near correction would be 2.0 D. Since the other eye is almost blind, the same correction can be given to that eye also.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank you and best wishes

Do remember to rate this response positively if it was up to your satisfaction.

Regards

Dr..A.S.Desai

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What will be the right numbers on prescription for my eye that is almost blind (for contact lenses) I had a cousin who is being wearing lens with really high correction and is making him to force his eye to see since lazy eye is some brain issue

The near correction for the lazy eye would also be 2.0D. Vision in lazy eye can be corrected in children below 10 years of age. Any correction beyond that age will not help. As you rightly said , it is an issue with the brain.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Prescription :
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lazy eye

Correction for near vision is equal in both eyes even if one eye is diagnosed to have lazy eye. It is the distance correction which can be different in both eyes.