Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I've had recurrent bilateral anterior uveitis since 2010. I…

Customer Question
Hello. I've had recurrent bilateral...
Hello. I've had recurrent bilateral anterior uveitis since 2010. I tend to have a flare up every 1.5 years or so. I've been worked up numerous times with all blood tests and X-rays coming back negative. My most recent work up was just a few weeks ago, all normal. Im a 32 year old female and I'm interested in trying botox most for forehead wrinkles. I'm concerned about the botox possibly causing issues with my eyes and activating the uveitis. I need some advice. I'm wondering if botox is safe for me or if it would be risky.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
5/23/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

As a retina specialist I treat a large number of uveitis patients.

I also use botox my practice at times....

In my opinion it is perfectly safe, from an anterior uveitis point of view, for you to have botox shots for your forehead wrinkles.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can uveitis truly be idiopathic? I just have a hard time believing that nothing underlying is causing this to happen to me. While I am happy that my tests are negative, I am also frustrated by not having any answers or solutions.

Yes, it sure can.....

In a number of my uveitis patients we have not been able to find an underlying cause.....hence they are idiopathic....

Unfortunately you may never get an answer as to why this is happening to you. Sorry about that. :(

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS