Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My wife is 31 and been wearing glasses for the pas decade.

Customer Question
She wants to do Femto-Lasik...
My wife is 31 and been wearing glasses for the pas decade. She wants to do Femto-Lasik operation now, and I'm extremely concerned for her wellness. I need to know:
- Is she a good candidate for this surgery?
- What are the actual risks associated with surgery?
- Is it safe or better stick with glasses and contact lenses?
- We do not have ReLEx SMILE in our country yet. Is Femto-Lasik safe enough for better wait for SMILE?
Here are images of her eye scan: http://i.imgur.com/QfOCsJK.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/vq9k7sq.jpg
Thank you a lot in advance.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Eye
Attached are the eye scans
5/18/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

Your wife's eye's certainly fit into the parameters that will benefit from Lasik surgery and eliminate her need for glasses. There are few risks associated with any form of Lasik surgery, the most common being dry eyes and halo (glare from lights at night). Lasik surgery is very safe. The difference between the different procedures, is the computer program software, not the actual procedure itself. There is no reason to wait. The current Lasik computer programing is more than adequate to handle your wife's prescription needs (astigmatism) and general sight issues.

I hope this is helpful and relieves your concerns.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist