Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I used clear care plus for the first time, I'm away on

Customer Question

I used clear care plus for the first time, I'm away on vacation and needed something to clean my lenses, they had gotten so filmy. I don't normally bring a back up pair and/or glasses...so I bought this solution, put the contacts in for a few min, then put on in my eye when it appeared clean. As you can figure out, it burned like crazy....I rinsed my eye with water, because there was no way I was able to get the contact out, and it eventually felt better. I can't see with out corrective lenses, so I left them in. Then took them out before bed and soaked them, giving them the time they would need....but a scratchy pain in my eye woke me up, so in my experience putting a contact back in can help that....I rinsed the contacts with saline and put them back in. But I'm feeling no relief and my eye is very red.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Nothing is making it better. It's very uncomfortable.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing it sounds like that you may have damaged the cornea or atleast irritated it to an extent that it is now red and is causing you burning pain. Now in most cases the damage is mild and it wouldheal over time provided you take care of it however sometimes the damage is so kuch so that you will need medications to bring down the inflammation and to provide relief. At the moment i think the best thing to do is to AVOID wearing the contacts altogether, let the eye heal and at the same time see your doctor for a complete eye exam so that he can determine if you need steroid eye drops to help with the healing process. Secondly, dont use the clear care plus solution again, it is very possible that you may be allergic to the solution and that is why you are having these symptoms right now. For now use OTC anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen at a dose of 200 mg thrice a day and also use OTC antihistamines like zyrtec or allegra which should help with your problem BUT do see your doctor as soon as possible for a complete eye examination.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Do you have any more questions?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's 4am where I am, the irritation woke me up, and I don't have backup contacts or glasses with me, as I am away on vacation. I do plan on going to the doctor when they open, but until then, Aleve will help?

Aleve will help somewhat, it wil;l help in reducing the pain and the inflammation but it wont cause the inflammation to disappear completely. It will however get you through the night until you get to see your doctor in the morning.

Do you have any more questions?