Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My wife soaked her soft contacts in solution for hard

Customer Question

My wife soaked her soft contacts in solution for hard contacts and as a result, burned her eyes.
Last night she had blurred vision and pain. This morning, still burning and light sensitive.
What to do?
Respectfully:
Joel Sherwood
Mobile:###-##-####
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your wife's symptoms. Since it has been a few hours since she put in the contacts and you have already washed out the eyes and she STILL has burning and light sensitivity then it is time to take her to the ER or to your opthalmologists office. She NEEDS a clinical examination to determine if she may have damaged her cornea or any other structure of the eye. In some cases she may need steroid eye drops to bring down any inflammation which may be present in the region. But persistence of these symptoms beyond a few hours is a clear indication that this needs to be evaluated as soon as possible.

In the meantime for the pain she can use OTC anti inflammmatory agents like ibuprofen orally at a dose of 200 mg thrice a daily but DO have her evaluated as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating. Any BONUSES would be well appreciated!