Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My Grandson is 34 he has real bad Breath ,what is the cause.

Customer Question

My Grandson is 34 he has real bad Breath ,what is the cause . He brushes his Teeth 2 times a Day
JA: Have you noticed any swelling in the gums? When was your last visit to the dentist?
Customer: No swelling , he get his Teeth cleaned
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No health Problems ,but was shot and Bullet went in his Eye and one have went into his Sinus Cavitty
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 months ago.

If the teeth are in good shape, I would suggest you ask his doctor about a chronic sinus infection, which he is at risk for, and which classically causes foul breath. Another consideration is acid reflux, which might only occur at night but can result in bad breath all day. See if you can get him a sinus CT. If infected, he needs a couple weeks of antibiotics, or more. If normal, get him on an acid blocker (e.g. prilosec, protonix) and GERD precautions (you can look these up online). This is particularly common in young men who are overweight or eat late at night.