Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I accidentally put clear care plus on my contact and

Customer Question

I accidentally put clear care plus on my contact and interested it into my eye. I rinsed it out with cold water, however it is red and swollen.
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. the only other health condition I have is asthma and that's all.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now usually getting the solution ito your eyes should not lead to permanent damage however it can certainly cause redness and irritation in the eye. The first thing which is to be done here is to rinse it out with cold water or sterile saline solution which ever is available for atleast 10 -15 minutes continuously. If needed the rinsing can be repeated after another 15 minutes.

Usually the redness and irritation should start to subside within the hour however if it persists, or it seems to be worsening OR you develop blurring of vision or severe pain then you should IMMEDIATELY proceed to the ER. You can also use OTC anti inflammatory agents in the meantime to try and control the redness, try using OTC ibuprofen at a dose of 200-400 mg. But if the symptoms persist then you should go to teh ER and get treated with steroid eye drops as well as anti inflammatory eye drops.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/