Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I was diagnosed with birdshot 4 yrs ago and confirmed with

Customer Question

I was diagnosed with birdshot 4 yrs ago and confirmed with the hla blood test. I have been on high doses of prednisone then on imuran .then methotrexate and finally celcept. The latter made me very emotional and depressed so then on 150mg effexor. I am now back on prednisone from 60mg down over months to 7mgwherr i have sat for 3 months. Site is very good except for few floaters and glare sensitively. However my bone density is falling and at mpment laidup with a dpinal pressure in t8 . Have broken 4 ribs over past 2 years. I was visiting dr dam lerts at liverpool sydney but want another opinion. Can you recommend domeone in sydney melnourne or Brisbane. Thakyou for listening. Elizabeth Hearn
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?
Customer: 4 yrs no i dont have other symptoms at present.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have i little arthritis in my hands. I am 68 and very fit
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 months ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 months ago.

As a retina specialist I can say that it sounds like you are getting the correct care.

Dr. ***** ***** in Gladsville would be an excellent doctor to offer you a second opinion.

Here is her webpage:

http://www.gladesvilleeye.com.au/our-doctors/dr-stephanie-young.html

I currently have a number of birdshot chorioretinopathy patients in my practice and understand what you are going through.

I wish you the very best.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS