Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Had a retinal detachment. Had to have natural lens removed

for surgery. Is there a...
Had a retinal detachment. Had to have natural lens removed for surgery. Is there a contact lens I can wear until eye heals enough to replace lend
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Today. All looks good but was told no lens for 6 more weeks. Have ingredients trouble driving and reading
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He knows pretty much everything. Fixed a macular hole and detached retina in February
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/8/2017
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How long ago was your surgery?

Did you have a scleral buckle placed?

Do you have gas or oil in your eye now?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Had surgery on Feb 20. Buckle was placed had gas but bubble has been gone for 2 weeks have high blood pressure and cholesterol but both are being treated with medication.

Thank you for that additional information.

You might be able to be fit with an aphakic contact lens and, if necessary, a contact lens on the other eye too. This could hold you over until you can have an intraocular lens implanted.

An experienced optometrist should be able to help you with the lens fitting.

Your conjunctive should be healed up enough by now for this....

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Thanks!! Would this lens Medicare and supplimental ins eligible
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD