Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I was seeing flashes of light in my left eye peripheral

Customer Question
vision this morning. It happened...
I was seeing flashes of light in my left eye peripheral vision this morning. It happened when I moved my eye. Now no flashes, but I have a spot in my vision - kind of like a floater, but larger and it doesn't move. Should I be concerned?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: About 3 weeks ago I had an eye exam - routine checkup. I've noticed more floaters in my left eye over the past few weeks.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm diabetic, controlled by diet and meds and I have well controlled high blood pressure.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Eye
3/27/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello Vera I'm Dr Chip

Yes, this is concerning because it sounds as though you've got a detached retina

You need to see your eye doctor right away to check this out since you'll probably need laser repair.

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)