Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Middle of the night sever eye pain, dry eye feeling. This is…

Customer Question
Middle of the night...

Middle of the night sever eye pain, dry eye feeling. This is happening for last 2 weeks. Some nights more painful then other nights. Hot painful discomfort.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

On and off for last 2 weeks

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I am generally a healthy 52 year male

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is ridiculous. So long been waiting for an answer. Please cancel my order
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist

Sorry to know about your discomfort. It is very likely that you are experiencing corneal erosion resulting in severe eye pain. It can occur spontaneously without any trauma or injury also. Treatment in initial part is to use artificial eye drops such as Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for 2 weeks. Apply Lacrilube eye ointment once at bedtime. If symptoms do not subside with 2 weeks of treatment then do get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for a closer look.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you.

I requeat you not to get annoyed that you had to wait for so long for an answer. All experts are real time consultants working at various hospitals in different parts of the world. Surely no one sits in front of a laptop waiting for a questine to be asked. Hence the delay.

Even now I have answered this question during my break and on my mobile handset ...with all the typing with single index finger. It is the passion to treat which drives us to anwer these questions.

Hope you feel better soon.

Regards

Dr.A.S.Desai

PS. Do remember to rate the response positively if it was up to your satisfaction.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why would pain occur suddenly some nights and after half hour or 1 hour the pain is gone.
Also during the day I work all day with heavy schedule and do not feel this discomfort.
Sometimes is one right eye severe pain, other times both eyes mild pain.
Even while touching the closed eyes it hurts as if an injury. Few hours later normal no pain no hurt feeling to the touch.

Thank you for the reply. Fluctuating pain might have been due to dry eyes with micro erosions on cornea. Adequate lubrication should help. If it is severe then additional eye tests are needed to detect severity and to detect underlying cause, if any.