Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have 24 years. This is my finding ophthalmologists VOD:

Customer Question
+0.25 = 1.00 -0,50X180 VOS...
I have 24 years. This is my finding ophthalmologists VOD: +0.25 = 1.00 -0,50X180 VOS + 0.25 = 1.0 -0,75X155 FOD: PNO neat, winding blood vessels of the eye especially around the macula
FOS: PNO neat, tortuous blood vessels of the eye
I'm interested in clarifying the findings of Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
2/22/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Do you have a photograph of your macula that you can upload for my review?

Do you have any vision problems?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have a picture of the macula and have no other health problems
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
vision is clear from the above prescriptions. Interests of which can be tortuosus blood vessels of the eye

It is hard to say what the eye doctor meant by torturous blood vessels as this is a very subjective term and everyone tends to use it differently.

That being said, as a retina surgeon with decades of experience I would not get overly worried about an otherwise healthy 24 year old woman with torturous retinal vessels.

If you are concerned I would get a second opinion from a different ophthalmologist (a retina specialist would be the best trained doctor to evaluate this).

Or, if you can get a picture to upload I would be happy to give you my opinion on your retinal vessels. Just a photo of the center of the back of your eye (the macula and optic nerve) would be all I would need to let you know how things look.
Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for the correct answer
Now I'm interested above diptrija.Ne understand what what is this diopter and whether to wear glasses all the time.Thank you

Diopter is a measurement of the power of a lens.

Your glasses are not very strong. As such you can wear them when you want.

It will not hurt your eyes to not wear them, so just use them when you want to see a bit clearer.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD