Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

A couple of months ago I started getting dry eyes (I also

Customer Question
wear monthly disposable contacts a...
A couple of months ago I started getting dry eyes (I also wear monthly disposable contacts a lot) but about 3 weeks ago it got to the point that when I put my contacts in it constantly feels like there is a spec of dust or something in my eye when I blink. I got my eyes tested and the optometrist says they do look dry and inflamed but that it was nothing major and to rest from my contacts for 3-5 days and use some eye drops. I did as she told me and haven't worn contacts for 2 weeks now. Without contacts in my eyes do still feel slightly dry but the irritation is gone and they feel much better. However I tried to put fresh contacts in again today and the feeling of a spec of dust and irritation is still there when I wear them. Have I possibly done permanent damage to my eyes or will this still resolve itself?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Eye
1/15/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Do you have a dry mouth too?

I get a little thirsty but nothing noticeable.

You could have something called Sjogren's disease.

This is a disorder of dry eyes and mouth

It is autoimmune related

have you ever heard of this?

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist