How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 35051
Experience:  MBBS MS
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom has a hole in the roof of her was checked by

Customer Question

my mom has a hole in the roof of her was checked by a specialist who sad it was cancer. and told her she had 3 to 6 months to live without treatment .this was 3.5 years ago. she did not have anything done since. when she was in here teens she had bad carbunkgel or pimple lanced in the same area of her sinus. she refuses to beleave it is cancer.Sometimes it bleeds and blood clots form about once a month this accures .also when she drinks it comes out of her nose and left there any treatment that could help to stop the bleeding and nose and eye you can tell mom does not trust her doctor. if you can please reply thanks.stan from Chautauqua ny.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: she is 79 and has copd and still smokeing
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 months ago.

There is a communication between oral cavity and maxillary sinus which is also connected to the nose and eye (nasolacrimal duct). This medical issue is called fistula. This can be repaired by either a plastic surgeon or a maxillofacial surgeon or specialist. An ENT specialist too can do the surgery. This is not a difficult procedure and admission to the hospital for only 1-2 days. Her doctor may refer her to these specialists.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.