Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had cataract surgery on Dec. 20th and 27th. My eyes are

Customer Question
very tired all the time...
I had cataract surgery on Dec. 20th and 27th. My eyes are very tired all the time. What can I do?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Im supposed to have my vision checked in a couple of weeks for new glasses. Right now it seems I'm in constant eye strain.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I also have glaucoma, i'm diabetic
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 day by:
1/10/2017
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 10 months ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

What you are describing might be dryness in your eyes. Considering that you are a patient of glaucoma, I am presuming that you have been on eye drops to control the eye pressure before cataract surgery. Also, the eye drops given after cataract surgery for healing can further worsen the dryness. The exact cause can be know only on first hand examination. I would advise you to increase the use of lubricating eye drops or strart using them 4-5 times a day if you have not been p[rescribed any. You can get lubricating eye drops over the counter like refresh tears/systane ultra/genteal etc. Also, do not over strain your eyes, give them rest. The heaviness or tiredness should go away slowly.

Hope this information is helpful, do get back for any more queries

Regards

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist