Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My head hurts when I shake it. I still have headpressure a

Customer Question

My head hurts when I shake it. I still have headpressure a little after now one week since a bad pain when I flew home and plane came down. I have been doing sinus rinses and steams, my eyes started watering a little. I am tired too with it. is ther anything I can do?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Its not really a headache more pressure above my eyes. I don't have nausea just heartburn a little
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had stomach flutters and recently palpitations but had 2 ecg's that were clear
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

sorry you are having these symptoms

it sounds like you could have bacterial sinus infection.

you need to see a doctor and get started on a course of antibiotics and steroid therapy to help fight the infection and decrease inflammation.

it doesn't sound like the sinus rinses and steams are doing enough.

you need blood test to check your thyroid hormone levels to check for hyperthyroidism which can cause heart palpitations.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? severe anxiety can cause heart palpitations as well.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. I have had a blood test done a few weeks ago where thyroid was ok. I have had anxiety a few times but not on meds for it. It's more the headpressure and tiredness that is annoying

I bet a course of antibiotics like amoxicillin or augmentin and a course of steroids will help you fight off a bacterial sinus infection

and will help with the headaches and head pressure.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com