Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Many years of outpatient practice managing eye injuries and common disorders
18722459

I just took a picture of my face with my... I just took a

i just took a picture of my face with my...
I just took a picture of my face with my iPhone 7plus (selfie). I was trying to take a picture of a possible blister on my lip. I did not realize that the flash as on.I am guessing the flash was about 2 feet from face.Now my left eye seems to be achy. Could i have damaged my eye in any way? oram i just imagining this?FYI - 61 year old male, in good health, do not wear glasses or contacts.

Hello and welcome Kevin I'm Dr Chip

Absolutely nothing to worry about here since the flash itself couldn't have damaged your eye in any way

That said, if your eye is red or you have tearing, you may have a case of conjunctivitis which usually clears on its own in a few days

Please let me know if you need any more information