Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have extreme photophobia, eye pain, pain when trying to

Customer Question
look towards something. I've been...
I have extreme photophobia, eye pain, pain when trying to look towards something. I've been to two specialist and a third next month. Plus my regular doctor, once a month appointments. No answers. I feel the doctors are giving up, they don't know so I end up living behind shade & heavy drapes and in pain.
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: No eye injury, vision is harder to deal with. My computer is now set between 150 to 160%. Things habe changed quickly since August.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: One doctor has mentioned about the auto acct 26 years ago. It still is no answers of how to live like this.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
1/5/2017
Eye Doctor: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

A few questions first please--

Tell me more about your eye pain

Is this all constant?

What specialists have you seen and what tests have you had?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope this isn't going to cost me more...?
Mostly back of eye. Macular, I have spot, but not macular degeneration, yet. Next appt is for front of the eye, oh yes cornea.
Eyes feel swollen though they do not look swollen.

No matter how long our conversation the cost is the same

And it's constant?

And about the specialists and the tests?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
day and night. I'm not sure what the test are called. For glaucoma,very mild. Photos back of the eye. One was layers, they said it was like MRI for the eye. The nerve. They have been dialated (sp) 4 times in 5 months.

OK--did you have an MRI of your brain?

And have you been seen by a neurologist?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Many years ago, after auto acct. No issues. That was 25-26 years ago.

But have you seen a neurologist lately for this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Eye doctors & eye specialist send me to other eye specialist.

OK--and we can certainly continue after this if you'd like

I would have you see a neurologist

This sounds like what's called a variant migraine and it can be treated with medications like Imitrex or Maxalt

For now you could try magnesium supplements that can be effective for the problem

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried many eye drops, most so far cause a burning feel to the eyes. Antibiotic did not.
I have been taking magnesium even before all of this. Ill look up variant migraine but I don't think so. So you don't know either

It's not that I don't know but you need to have a neurologist to evaluate you for this

My point is that this isn't specifically a point with your eye

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I print this so I can take it to doctors?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Just copy the page and send it to your email and you're entirely welcome

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)