Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I was was wearing Kerasoft contact lens for a few days but…

I was was wearing Kerasoft...
I was was wearing Kerasoft contact lens for a few days but with the wrong contact lens solution Boston Simplus(for RGP). My eyes were slightly burning during this time. Could there be any eye damage? What are the symptoms?Is it reversible?
1/5/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Burning can be due to mild allergic reaction to a different solution. It would go away own its own when you discontinue that solution. If it persist get an eye checkup by your doctor. Meanwhile just put artificial tears and rinse your eyes thoroughly with cold water everyday.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What about other corneal damage?
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

It could cause corneal damage. You should see an eye doctor to have an eye exam with Fluorescein staining. Corneal damage can be cured on its own. But it takes time like months.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But arent contact lens solutions meant to be safe for eyes even if soft lens instead of hard lens was used?

How many days has passed after you open the solution? When is the expiration date?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't have the expiry date but I used the solution for 3 weeks. The optometrist thinks the wrong solution doesn't matter but I read that soft lens can absorb harmful preservatives that hard lens dont.

It should be okay for 90 days. Boston Simplus (for RGP) contains EDTA compared to another Boston Simplus. EDTA is usually pH 8.0. It is alkali. It could make your eye burning.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
34; Soft contacts act like a sponge and will absorb all the toxic preservatives and chemicals that are ok for GPs but will pretty much tear up your cornea (not comfortable, not good for your vision, and may lead to permanent vision loss)." is not true?

After the but, is it description about soft contact lenses or RGP?

khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)