Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I have an eye infection and when I take my prescribed

Customer Question

I have an eye infection and when I take my prescribed tobramycin dexameth ophthsusp it burns my eyes. What should i do/take?
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: Recently had comet cleanser in eye and currently possible eye infection from toilet water splash
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Vision is a little off. No other information
Category: Eye
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Burning with application and temporary blurred vision are a side effect of Tobramycin eye drops. I am assuming you have your eyes checked and washed out after the chemical exposure? Washing it out may help if that was not done. For comport you may want to use artificial tears or lubricating over the counter drops to help with the stinging while you are using the antibiotic drops. I hope that helps :)

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there some other medicine I should take? I have not taken the tobramycin for 24hrs and my eyes still burn- closed or not. My eyes started to bother me after using a makeup brush the fell in the toilet

Did they rinse your eye when you were seen, did they check what we call a pH (a small strip of paper placed in your eye) or do a fluorescein stain to check for any damage to the surface of your eye? You could also be having an allergic type response and can try over the counter allergy drop such as Ophcon-A (this will burn worse going in but after will help if it's an allergic response). I just want to make sure your eye was properly examined.