Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I've had a cold, sinuses, mostly, a cough, yellowish

Customer Question
green discharge, and my eyes...
I've had a cold, sinuses, mostly, a cough, yellowish green discharge, and my eyes statred bothering me, this morning my eye is swollen and very watery..and the dr.s office is closed. wondering what I can do in the meantime
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eye itchy?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: my cold started this past Weds seeed to be moving along quickly thought I was clearing up and out..then this
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 12 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Is there any redness in eyes, fever, bodyache?

What is your age and gender?

Any significant past medical illness?

Are you taking any medicine?

No fever or bodyache. I am male, 57. I take Lisinopril 10mg daily and prilosec
No significnant past illness. I felt as if this was a fast moving cold and that I was clearing out..days aways from being 100% and then this came up this morning. My left eye has been bothering me the past 2 days though, felt like I had something in it, and blurry.

Could you please post a picture of your eyes.

Thank you.

It seems that you are offline, so I am writing you the answer. You may ask follow up questions if any, after reading it.

Your symptoms are suggestive of sinusitis. Nose and eyes are connected by the nasolacrimal duct, so infection and allergies can communicate.

The aim of treatment of sinusitis is; relieve the obstruction, treatment of the infection, if present, thinning the mucus, and opening the sinus. Following would be the treatment protocol;

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics; if nasal culture is positive.

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Eye Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 11 months ago

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/