Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I woke up in the middle of the night and my left eye is so

Customer Question
itchy and I have a...
I woke up in the middle of the night and my left eye is so itchy and I have a throbbing pain. I don't know what I did or should do to relieve the pain.
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: Good vision no injury
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/24/2016
Eye Doctor: DoctorAnil, Doctor replied 11 months ago
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Do you have watering of eyes?

Redness,swelling?

Any medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Stuffy nose?

Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

No medical history or medications but yes slightly stuffed nose and redness puffiness burning etc.
24 is my age.
Hello??

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,it's conjunctivitis.
So you should take OTC Motrin and Claritin.
Also use OTC Zaditor eye drops 2-3 times a day alternately with systane eye drops twice a day.
You should do cool compresses also.
You should do nasal saline spray.

You should use OTC Otrivin nasal drops.
Most likely your symptoms'll subside in few days.

Do massage with fingers above nasal bone.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

How are you certain that it is conjunctivitis and not because of makeup or any other irritation?

Thanks for the follow-up.

As you have itching,redness,throbbing pain so it can be conjunctivitis in first place.

Even make up can cause irritant conjunctivitis if it wouldn't be cleaned properly before sleeping.

As you have stuffy nose so it can be other contributing factor resulting in viral infection.

Main line of treatment is same.

So you should try such self care measures as we have discussed earlier which definitely provide you relief.

If your symptoms'll not improve then see your doctor.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Anything else to relieve the burning? The pain is very bad

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Motrin and Claritin both relieve burning and pain.

So buy all medicines over the counter.

Hope this helps.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil
DoctorAnil, Doctor