Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am named GCS 48 years male. I am suffering from a peculiar

Customer Question
neurological problem for the last...
I am named GCS 48 years male. I am suffering from a peculiar neurological problem for the last 6 months. I get sudden neck pain either right or left side. Subsequently I get moderate pain in and around the eye and also head ache on the same side where i got the neck pain. i also get my eye wet during this episode. some times i get earache also during this episode. i will not feel any vomiting sensation, imbalance, ringing sounds in the ear, memory loss, confusion, seizures or hering impairement during this episode or at any point of time. i am suffering from this problem for the last 6 months and visited neurologist, ENT, eye specialist, my GP and 0rtho but invain. I was on for GEBAPENTIN and some pain killers but gave me temporary relief. I had BRAIN CT SCAN
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i had BRAIN CT SCAN also which is 100% normal. Whereas in X-ray of Spine, some spondylytic changes appear in C3,C4 & C5 which doctor told me that that will not cause these symptoms, I am feeling much unrest for the last 6 months , pl advise me.
11/23/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Medicine specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Do you have any vision loss in the same side as the neck pain ?

Do you have any disturbance in the vision on the same side ?

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No vision loss on any side. No more vision disturbance also.

Has any doctor mentioned of Cluster headaches before ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mentioned.
Another doc mentioned it as Paroxysmal hemicrania.
Both treated me but no use.
Sir, are the symptoms indicate any possibility of having brain/spine tumour.

Thank you for your reply.

Have you got any blood tests done ?

Has any doctor suggested Oxygen therapy ( 20 min ) to be breath during the attacks ?

Have you got any shot of Imitrex( Sumatriptan ) ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All blood tests OK.
no oxygen therapy or shot of Imitrex were suggested.

That would be the line of treatment for you.

The MRI or the CT scan of the brain and spine will rule out any tumour growth and the blood tests also would have shown a sign of cancer.

If you have mentioned the CT Scan is normal and all Blood tests are OK then there is nothing to worry in terms of cancer.

This sounds more like a Neuralgia related to Cluster headaches with the wet eyes .

The therapy for this would be to breath in oxygen therapy for 20 min and take a shot of sumatriptan that will solve your problem of severe pain .

The usual medications will not work in your case.

I would suggest you to get one more MRI done of the brain and spine

and then get the above medical therapy done.

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What blood tests are to be undergone to rule out of the possibility of having cancer?

ESR

Tumour markers

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will diagnostic lab technicians know "tumour markers"

Yes , they can do all the tumour markers to screen metastases.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist