How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 31145
Experience:  Many years of outpatient practice managing eye injuries and common disorders
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband ha chip him in eye.Seemed OK but started to loose

Customer Question

My husband ha wood chip hi him in eye.Seemed OK but started to loose partial vision.happened yesterday and seems to be getting progressively worse.Also feels like something may be in eye.It is 8 PM here.will go to doctors tomorrow AM buy is there any thing we should do now? What do you think happened?
Very concerned and want to take hi, to e,regency room but he says NO.What should I do?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I'm Dr Chip

He has a corneal abrasion and that will require antibiotic eye drops and an eye patch. Fortunately the cornea heals without scarring.

For now he can use some natural tears eye drops and put a patch over his eye until he can see a doctor.

Please let me know if you need any more information Angela