Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I accidentally got clear care solution in my eye it burns

Customer Question
really bad and my eye...
I accidentally got clear care solution in my eye it burns really bad and my eye is red. Should I be worried?
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Opthamologist will figure it out.
Customer: Alright.
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: No injuries. Vision is fine I guess.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
10/30/2016
Eye Doctor: khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty) replied 1 year ago
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)

Clear care solution is hydrogen peroxide cleaner. You should rinse your eye with running tap water for at least 15 minutes. You should go to the ER to have exam.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Is it that severe to go to the emergency room ?

Hydrogen peroxide is alkaline. Alkaline substances usually cause more severe damage than acids. You should go there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Would it be fine to wait till morning?

You should go there now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

What exactly is the danger?

Correction. Hydrogen peroxide is not alkaline but an oxidising agent. Eye exposure to 3% solutions may cause immediate stinging, irritation, lacrimation and blurred vision, but severe injury is unlikely. Exposure to more concentrated hydrogen peroxide solutions (>10%) may result in ulceration or perforation of the cornea.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Bit of relief ? I'm not going to go blind or anything right ?

Not likely.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Okay well ill wait till tomorrow to see any improvement ifrom not I'll go to the emergency room. Thanks

You are welcome. Please rate my answer. Thank you.

khagihara
khagihara
khagihara, Doctor (non-eye specialty)