Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I had cataract surgery on my left eye Sept 7th. No

Customer Question

I had cataract surgery on my left eye Sept 7th. No complications. Yesterday out of the blue I developed what appears to be a ruptured blood vessel in the eye. Never had anything like this before. Should I have it checked?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: October 12. Vision is still good. No change.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry to hear of this spontaneous rupture in your eye.

Can you send a picture?

May I assume you have no pain or discomfort? You stated that your vision has not been effected. A spontaneous blood vessel rupture is not uncommon and will resolve by itself in about 10 days. There is no treatment needed. If , however, your vision does change or pain develops, then a visit to your Ophthalmologist is suggested.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you