Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

My dad had a dislodged lens. I believe it's an implant from…

Customer Question
My dad had a dislodged...
My dad had a dislodged lens. I believe it's an implant from a glaucoma surgury? He has trouble seeing and even worse at night. But at the same time, he has some sort of scarring in the back of the eye. His doc recommends treating the scarring and waiting for the lens to reposition itself or falls off. In the mean time, he's being treated for the scarring.I noticed that my dad always mentions that he can see better after visiting the doctor. I think the eye drop to dilate his eyes is helping him see better.Wouldn't that have to do with light entering the eyes? And I'm thinking that he can't see well because one lens is slightly dislodged.Would the lens be able to correct its position if my dad has astigmatism? I'm not sure if he does but I do.I know the lens can be repositioned and stitched in place but his main doctor doesn't recommend it.One of 2 doctors that the main doctor referred him to wanted to perform the stitching procedure which isn't a dangerous procedure with a slight chance that the lens may fall out in which case he'll just implant a new one.A couple of month later The second doctor agrees with the main doctor about the surgery. But sounded like he didn't want to step on toes. I maybe trippin but that's what I sensed.Should I take my dad to another doctor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 4 days by:
10/24/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

What you have posted does not make sense from a medical point of view.....

Can you upload a copy of your fathers ophthalmology exam notes so I can get a better idea of what is going on?

Just use the paperclip on your screen.

Thanks.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist