Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

What is the lowest intraocular pressure that will not harm

Customer Question
vision? JA: How long have you...
What is the lowest intraocular pressure that will not harm vision?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?
Customer: Apparently decades ago Sarcoids disease was diagnosed as glaucoma..
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Our daughter had been treated for NMO for years and still needed steroid treatments to keep from going blind. Curing Sarcoid disease seems to have fixed that. Also I have been told that sarcoid is a relative of rheumatoid arthriris. And can be inherited. Apparently daughter, mother, grandmother and great grandmother have all had sarcoid.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
10/12/2016
Eye Doctor: Internist, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Internist
Internist, Doctor

hi there,

i am online and will be happy to answer your questions.

to calrify, do you mean lowest or highest intra-ocular pressure causing harm to vision?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
lowest

lower range of intra ocular pressure is usually 8 for most people. however it varies from person to person. less than 6 is more commonly associated with blurry vision.

high intra ocular pressure is the one that cause more rapidly damage.

I am here to help you and I wish you best health,

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist