Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Thanks. seeing prism around peripheral vision from both

Customer Question

thanks . seeing prism around peripheral vision from both eyes
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: need glass for close reading lately
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am board certified and I have 40 years of experience. I will be happy to help you today.

Seeing a "prism" or light flashes needs to be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist. You may have a sixth nerve palsy that is causing your problem. Other causes may be early onset glaucoma, retinal detachment or brain tumor. This is something you should not overlook.

I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please kindly rate me a 5-Star. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 10 months ago.

I hope you have been evaluated by an Ophthalmologist and are on your way to solve your eye problem. Also, would you please provide a rating for my response, hopefully 5 stars. Thank you.