Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Had. Prism effect in right eye on right side for about 5

Customer Question
minutes JA: When was the last...
Had. Prism effect in right eye on right side for about 5 minutes
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Checked eyes 2 years ago due to flashes and floaters. The flashes went away floaters are still around but not as prominent
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
9/13/2016
Eye Doctor: MD Doc, Dr replied 1 year ago
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr

The prism effect can be due to various reasons -

- increase in intraocular pressure of the eye which can indicate beginning of glaucoma

- start of floaters or vitreous detachment in the other eye. The same thing which happened in your eye 2 years back, might be beginning in the other eye

- rarely can be the first symptom of beginning of migraine headache

otherwise can be due to dryness of eye, change of spectacle correction etc.

I would advise you to consult an ophthalmologist to rule out the above possibilities.

Hope this answer helps you. Do get back for any more queries.

Kindly do leave a positive feedback if the answer satisfies you

MD Doc
MD Doc
MD Doc, Dr