How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 45981
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What causes so much irritation and pain in my right eye

Customer Question

What causes so much irritation and pain in my right eye sometimes?
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: No injury or anything but I had cut the grass for a while and dust might got into my eyes.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I told the doctors that I have bumps in both eye lids behind. but they say it can be kept as they are. Had a black shadow I don't remember the medical term in my right eye
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having so muhc irritation and pain in your right eye.

cutting grass and getting dust or allergens or foreign bodies in your eye can definitely cause much irritation of your eye.

you could have a bit of sand or dirt behind your eyelid which could still be scratching your cornea and eye

you need to see an eye doctor and have them flip your eyelid over to check for sand and dirt and foreign bodies under your eye lid.

you may need an antibiotic and steroid prescription eye drop for your eye

you may need to go on allergy medications to help reduce allergy inflammation in the eye as well

there are also allergy eye drops which could help

you need to see an ophthalmology eye doctor for evaluation and treatment of your eye irritation.

do you need help to find an eye doctor close to you?