How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 56541
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have problems with eyes, especially right eye, irritation

Customer Question

I have problems with eyes, especially right eye, irritation and pain. It has been going on for 2,3 weeks. On Aug. 23 the 3rd doctor prescribed Erythromycin OP 5mg/GM Ointement, and HypoChlor to clean eyelids and Eyelashes. After cleaning with HypoChlor I feel better. I remember that I had scales around my eye lashes some years ago, but I did not know what it was. The 1st eye doctor did not mention it at all or sometimes he said I got bacterial infection but he did not explain it well. I did not understand it well. Now the 3rd doctor gave me the full information of Chronic Eyelid Inflammation. I as a patient needs exact information of sickness or illness in order to take responsibility to cure or improve the condition I have.
I massage eyelids when I wash my face, and it looks make better too. The 1st doctor told me that my glands are closed a few times. Now I feel my eyes are moist with some fluid
However, on the right side of my head , ear, throat, neck and shoulder have slight pain or get stiff, more irritation and slight pain. I had singles on my right side of chest and back 2 years ago and its scars gives me pain too. I don't know if all these condition relate altogether. I have neck disc disease. The 1st doctor said I don't have singles in my eyes. He checked a few times. I had a black shadow in my right eye ( I don't remember what medical term of this) but gets better now. I had this when I had singles, and when my body's immune system and metabolism or whatever was down..
My eye sight is not really good but can manage without glasses often.
Very sensitive with light due to cataract, I guess. Needs sunglasses out side.
For bacterial/fungal infection I have ring worm infection on my left leg. It comes and goes. I take medication time to time. Does this relate to Chronic eyelid inflammation, too?
The 2nd eye doctor had through eye examination on Feb. 8, 2016 when I had similar condition and she said my eyeballs are fine, but have cataract, allergy and dry eyes . Cataract is not serious enough to have surgery. I don't want surgery with these above mentioned condition of irritation and pain. Surgery might make a complication. I want to get rid of these irritation and pain in my eyes first of all.
Supplements for eye I take;
1. Thera Tears (eye drop and tablets w/Omega 3 V.E)
2. Eye Antioxidant w/Bilberry, Lutein & Zeaxanthin)
3. Quercetin AllerReLeat w/V.C, B5, Bromlain)
Thanks for your advise, sorry for bad writing.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

I agree with chronic eyelid inflammation

can you summarize your questions for me Koko?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know that Chronic eyelid inflammation causes headache, neck and shoulder stiffness, ear ache that are all minor but bothersome. If singles scars affect the condition I have now? If it is caused bacteria or any microbes it affects some organs?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

thank you

1)no this is not related at all. This is likely another condition like a cervical spine issue or muscle problem

2)no relation to shingles

3)This would not affect any of your organs either. It doesn't travel inside your blood

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

Thanks for using

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for this question

Please don't forget a positive rating

I appreciate it. :)

if you have more questions, just reply