Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have 3 tiny flud filled blisters on my eyelid and the

Customer Question
eyelid is very red and...
i have 3 tiny flud filled blisters on my eyelid and the eyelid is very red and hurts
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: three days and yes it is swollen
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. I went to urgent care but he thought it was virus so he gave me veltrex but no eye drops!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
8/22/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the eye and the blisters here?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok one minute.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am trying computer is acting up.

Its ok i can wait and while im waiting ill go through some possibilities.

Well there are a couple of conditions which can cause this problem but the first one which comes to mind is a bacterial infection, the fluid filled blisters on your eye lid alongwith a swollen eye lid are clear indications for a bacterial infection. The first infection which comes to mind is that you could have sty which can cause multiple points on the eye lid and also cause it to swell up and cause severe pain. In severe cases of sty you may need antibiotics as well as hot compresses and if that doesnt work the sty may have to be lanced.

Secondly, considering the amount of pain that you are in as well as the fact the swelling seems to be worsening we should also consider the possibility of orbital cellulitis. This would cause swelling not only on the eye lid but also around the eye in other soft tissues as well. This is an emergency as if left untreated can lead to the development of loss of vision. In most cases you would need treatment with the help of antibiotics. The prognosis is good if the infection is caught in time and treated effectively.

Now if you can upload the picture i can determine which one of these it can be but regardless of the cause, you should start with hot compresses adn use anti inflammatory agents like motrin or aleve for the pain and swelling. Secondly, from the intensity of the symptoms i would recommend that you DO have this evaluated as it is likely that you will need antibiotics.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok the picture is sent.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
did youi get it.

Thanks for the picture. This is sty, start with the warm compresses and the antiinflammatory medications which i mentioned above. It is not very severe at the moment but if the pain worsens over the next one day, then see your doctor for antibiotics.But this looks like sty which is a bacterial infection of the glands in teh eye lid. Usually warm compresses work best.

Do you have any more questions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you!!!!

Youre welcome, do remember to leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above on your screen as that is how we are compensated for our time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
will tobrex be the one?

Well usually moxifloxacin drops are used not tobrex, but before using any antibiotics see your doctor, DONT start them on your own.

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor