Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I got new glasses and immediately had headaches. Went back

Customer Question

I got new glasses and immediately had headaches. Went back to optometrist as was told that the prescription in right eye had changed drastically. I have type II Diabetes and my sugars were very elevated. Could this account for the prescription change in only one eye?
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: four days ago and before getting the new glasses I had no headaches at all
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome.

yes it can be due to diabetes specially if it changed drastically . I would recommend you to visit your doctor and get opthalmoscopy along with adjustment in medications to control your sugar levels.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Wish you good health.