Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have a lower eye lid twitch in one eye. It's rather

Customer Question
I have a lower eye...
I have a lower eye lid twitch in one eye. It's rather annoying and has been present for over a week now. If I use eye drops..it stops. Like visine.
I'm worried about serious causes like a tumor or ALS. I'm 31.
Also this is just the bot***** *****d on one eye. Please help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also this started the day I started a new diet pill. I stopped using it immediately though. The twitch persists.
8/4/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Thanks for this question

have you had your eyes checked lately?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A year ago. All great

This is common and usually due to eye strain

I think you have nothing to worry about

this is not ALS

ALS presents with weakness usually

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Brain tumor?
Could it be my Botox wearing off?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm on my phone and computer ALOT. Maybe I need a break. It seems to be better and non existent in the evening hours

Not a brain tumor

yes botox could be wearing off.

that makes sense

that make more sense

break from screen time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. So overall this is fairly benign. Just annoying?
The twitch is mild but annoying. Doesn't close my eye or anything. Drops lessen it some.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you an eye doctor

Yes, it is totally benign.

I'm not an eye doctor. I'm an internist

We treat eye problems all the time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I read online it could be serious things but mainly if the twitch is forcing your eye closed. Is that true?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Every 3 months I get Botox and I'm due. Maybe it's because my relaxed muscles are now back in action or something??? Triggered by diet pills

No, this is not true

This is totally normal and benign

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok it's annoying!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll also mention I drink a ton of caffeine

I know it is.

I have had it before

Yes, caffeine will trigger too

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok is it normal to be lasting a week or so now?
When it twitches- it is a slight movement of the bot***** *****d sideways.
Is it ok for it to last? It doesn't really start until lunch time. It's strange.

Yes, that is normal

Thanks for this questionPlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it.If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Dr I just want to know if there's anything serious or concerning that could cause a persistent bot***** *****d eye twitch? It is a small twitch but hasn't gone away.

No, none at all.

Thanks for this question.

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)
If you have more questions, just reply

Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor