How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chaithanya Your Own Question
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr Chaithanya is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've had an ear ache which has morphed into like a stuffed

Customer Question

I've had an ear ache which has morphed into like a stuffed ear feeling and today my eye started tearing
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Have taken anti depressants and anxiety meds so have that going on
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  MD Doc replied 1 year ago.


In most cases, the stuffy ear feeling is due to fluid in the middle ear due to cold or an earlier flu-like illness.

The tearing in the eyes is possibly due to the same problem as well.

Another possibility could be an allergy, that can cause both stuffiness and eye tearing.

I would recommend trying some cool mist inhalation, and taking an anti- allergic medicine / anti-cold medicine as needed.

Warm regards

Dr. Gaurav Gupta, MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm feeling a bit of paralysis and not able to fully close right eye.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't control far right side of my mouth and it all just came on today minus the ear ache.
Expert:  MD Doc replied 1 year ago.

In this situation, I would recommend that you consider going to the urgent care since it is not possible for me to analyze you without a proper physical examination.

It is likely that you are suffering from anxiety, BUT since a serious problem cannot be ruled out in an online chat, the best recourse would be to visit a medical facility,

Warm regards

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.


I'm Dr Chaithanya, well experienced Physician attending you

I can understand your suffering. Sorry for that. I will sure help you

From how many days you have ear ache?

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I didn't see the above added points, yes it is an Emergency and you need to go to ER. Don't have a second thought.

Please leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, the only way we experts are compensated for answering you

Follow up questions can be asked after the positive rating

You can get back to me any time here,

Any bonus is welcome and appreciated

Best Regards

Dr Chaithanya