Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I had a question and was wondering if you might be able to

Customer Question
Hello , I had a question...
Hello ,
I had a question and was wondering if you might be able to give an answer.
Since this morning I woke up with blurry eye vision in my right eye everytime I blink. The thing is I fell asleep with my contacts in last night. Now normally I have them in for maybe 5-6 hours a day depending on work and switch them out for glasses later. Unfortunately last night was quite hectic and as said before I fell asleep with them in. This morning my left eye was perfectly fine and I could take the contact out no problem. However my right eye was quite dry and I had blurry vision. Now I know that sometimes contacts can cause blurriness due to a build up of gunk on it or limiting the amount of oxygen the eye gets but this was a bit ridiculous. Furthermore once I actually went to check I couldn't see the contact anywhere. Over the course of two hours or so the irritation has gone down ( so has the dryness) quite a bit and is pretty non-existent right now but I haven't found the contact ( id assume it fell out ). However there is still a bit of blurry vision everytime I blink which corrects itself mostly in a few seconds after a blink. Just wondering if the chance exist if that the contact is stuck somewhere and obstructing my vision without causing discomfort or is something else it going on like it being blurry because of the earlier irritation. Thank you in advance for the help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
7/24/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr SH, Certified physician replied 1 year ago
Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician

Thank you for your question.

It is VERY UNLIKELY that the contact lens is stuck in your eye because if it were stuck anywhere in the eye you would have seen it or felt it as eyes are very sensitive.

If you have not seen or felt it it is UNLIKELY to be in the eye.

I think the contact lens may have fallen off without you noticing.

Meanwhile, I would recommend that you should use artificial tears in your eyes, that are available without a prescription.

These will help with your symptoms.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Dr SH
Dr SH
Dr SH, Certified physician