How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 5331
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have suffering from runny nose,post nasal drip, red eyes

Customer Question

i have suffering from runny nose,post nasal drip , red eyes and chest pain since 3 years?
i have visited so many hospitals but not cured?
Please help me on this
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.


Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What tests have you underwent so far for this post nasal drip?

Do you have these symptoms through out the year?

Any breathing difficulty?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of runny nose,post nasal drips since last 3 years is the drainage of secretions from the nose or sinuses down the back of the throat. Its most common causes are: Flu, allergies,cold,Sinus infection or sinusitis . It is usually caused by an underlying rhinitis (inflammation of lining of the inside of your nose) and/or sinusitis (inflammation of the sinus cavities within the facial bones that surround your nose).

Antihistamines and decongestants, cromolyn and steroid (cortisone type) nasal sprays and other forms of steroids will provide dramatic relief.Sometimes when the allergen cannot readily be avoided, or if the allergy symptoms are particularly severe and persistent, immunotherapy might be recommended.

Other treatments include nasal irrigation, in which the nasal cavity is flushed out, clearing the airways and sinuses. These usually brings immediate relief.

So bot***** *****ne is that as you have already tried so many medicines like antibiotics , inhalers,you now need to consult your ENT doctor for the specialized treatment like nasal irrigation,immunotherapy, antihistamines and decongestants& other prescription medications.

Allergy tests will be done to detect any allergen & that needs to be avoided.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Is there anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going.

Have you consulted the ENT doctor?

Do you need further assistance?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards


Related Eye Questions