Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have extremely dry eyes and Superficial Keratitis in one…

Customer Question
I have extremely dry eyes...
I have extremely dry eyes and Superficial Keratitis in one eye. My doctor put me on tobramycin Dexamethasone drops 3 times a day for 1 week and then once a day the next week and wanted me to stop after that. I'm having sinus pressure at the time and on augmentin for 10 days. My eyes are sensitive to light for the last 2 days. Does tobramycin can cause that? I have 3 more days on tobramycin. Can I stop using it now? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Eye
7/10/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

tobramycin eye drops would not cause your eyes to be more sensitive to light.

I would follow your doctors instructions on the tobramycin because it contains steroids in it.

you want to slowly taper down your use of steroids, even in eye drops.

you should take a probiotic as well if you are taking augmentin to prevent diarrhea from antibiotics.

let me know if you have other questions.