Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I recently had a fall and needed 14 stitches on my left eye

Customer Question
I recently had a fall...
I recently had a fall and needed 14 stitches on my left eye brow , since then witch I have never seen before bright flashes to the left and top of my perifial vision in the dark
JA: When was the last time you had your eyes checked? In general, how has your vision been lately?
Customer: Vision was fine before fall , still ok with occasional flashes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No ,retired 68 years old ,male
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Opthamologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Eye
7/2/2016
Eye Doctor: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now this can be the result of a number of things but considering the recent trauma that you had it is possible that you may have damaged your vision in the injury. Presence of flashes of light in front of the eyes can be indicative of retinal detachment which is a serious condition if left untreated. This would also cause floaters in front of the eyes such as black objects etc. Sometimes it can also result in pain in the eye. This can be evaluated by your opthalmologist via a simple examination as well as with the help of a fundoscopy and retina exam.

At the same time, these flashes of light can be due to damage to the vitreous humor of the eye which is the gel like substance present behind your cornea and in front of the retina. This can again be evaluated by an eye doctor.

Now any new appearance of flashes of light should ALWAYS be evaluated by an opthalmologist so that the serious conditions can be ruled out and i would suggest that you have this evaluated ASAP and not delay.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

I see from another query you posted that you are having trouble with your credit card. Please contact customer services with the link in your box. Here is a link for them as well.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Would you to know anything else? If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor